How Do I Place an Order on MyCabinetDoorsDirect.com?
Here’s what we recommend for placing an online order of cabinet doors, drawers and veneers:
- Make a detailed list of all the Cabinet Doors and Drawers you need. Measure each door and drawer separately and record their measurements in a list. Check out this video to learn how to measure cabinet doors properly, before placing your order.
- Select the style, cabinet back and finish for your doors and drawers.
- Place your order online for the options selected, carefully adding measurements for each door. You will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your receipt. NOTE: ALL SALES ARE FINAL UPON ORDER CONFIRMATION.
- Your order is custom-made per your specifications, and will ship in approximately 7-10 days.
What are Laminate Cabinets?
Laminate is a man-made synthetic material (laminate veneer) placed on top of substrate, which consists of compressed wood or particle board and it offers offer the appearance of real wood or other surface material.
Laminate kitchen cabinets come in many colors. They make a great choice for contemporary kitchens with sleek looks, modern accents and dramatic contrasting finishes.
Laminate is hard wearing and durable and therefore will still last many years if maintained regularly.
Laminate Cabinets offer a variety of Advantages:
- Easy to Care For: Laminate cabinets can be cleaned easily, have an improved resistance to scratches and stains. Laminate can also be relatively easy to install.
- Tons of Options: Laminate is not limited by wood grain availability or stains. In fact, laminate doors can come in a variety of looks and colors. They can even imitate the look of wood grain if you would still like to mirror that aesthetic.
- Beautiful & Durable: Laminate withstands heavy use. It doesn’t warp like wood, and it is less susceptible to color change from UV-ray exposure, so it’s color will not fade. They can resist gradual erosion caused by mechanical, physical, and even chemical actions.
- Dimensional Stability: Suitable for any climate or environment, high quality laminates can handle expansion and contraction quite easily.
What are Thermofoil Cabinets?
The name “thermofoil” comes from thermo- (heat) plus foil (a thin sheet). Thermofoil is constructed using heat and pressure to bond a thin layer of Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) film to a shaped and glued component of medium density fiberboard. The result is a seamless surface that covers a panel’s face and edges.
Thermofoil kitchen cabinet doors are a low maintenance and affordable type of cabinetry that provides the look of painted cabinets without the inconvenience of having to continually paint them. The thin layer of vinyl or laminate creates a seamless non-porous surface that doesn’t hold dirt, which makes these types of kitchen cabinet doors very easy to clean.
Thermofoil comes in high-gloss or high-gloss wood grain versions.
What are the Advantages of Thermofoil?
Thermofoil cabinets are a budget friendly choice when it comes to quality kitchen cabinetry. They are a more affordable option for new kitchen constructions. Replacing wood panels with thermofoil can be a great cost saver.
Technological advances in thermofoiling techniques have made it possible for manufacturers to accurately replicate the look of natural materials, such as wood and stone. The high grade, realistic finishes are often so good that it is hard to tell the difference between thermofoil surfaces and their natural counterparts.
High-quality thermofoil panels can be used for multiple applications and come in various colors, textures and designs.
Thermofoil coating results in a smooth, non-porous surface with a great-looking finish that repels dust and dirt and is easy to clean even. It also prevents the buildup of any germs or bacteria.
Resistant to Warping
A well manufactured thermofoil panel has a core that has gained rigidity from the addition of the PVC coating and a surface that is seamless and impenetrable to moisture, making it less prone to warping.
Thermofoil kitchen cabinet doors are manufactured to withstand humidity and temperature fluctuations. The tough PVC film also makes the components resistant to corrosion, ultraviolet light and scratches. It will not bloat, chip or crack even in conditions of high humidity as long as the vinyl layer is in good condition.